- Karma-yoga and daily mantra recitations
- Daily yoga asanas classes beginning to intermediate levels
- Daily shat-kriyas (six channel purification exercises), breath awareness and pranayama practices
- Philosophy of Yoga Nidra
- Daily guided instructions into relaxation
- Two meditation sessions guided & self
- 6 nights' accommodation (with WiFi, AC & Non-AC)
- Healthy nutritious vegetarian three meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Excursion to the adventurous activities including nearby holy shrines and temples and tracking in the Himalayas
Yoga Nidra Retreat:
The practice of Yoga nidra has been secret and imparted to those few yogis who have mastered their sleep. In Indian Mythology, there occurs a unique concept of sleep. We often find even the trinity of the universe lord Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva under the domination of sleep. Nidra is viewed in ancient Indian culture as a Goddess. Texts describe Yoga nidra a manifestation of transcendental reality whom we call Maha-maya, Tripura-sundari etc.
The course will explore the concept of Yoga-nidra in details at theoretical and practical levels. This is designed assist students of yoga to understand and experience the deeper layers of their personality. The course mainly includes breathing practices, tension and relaxation practices of Yoga nidra. The students will be guided through a very basic level of Yoga-nidra practice they will be guided to the advance practices of Yoga-nidra.
Apart from the Yoga nidra sessions, students will have sessions on Pranayama (understanding and regulating our breath), Pratyahara (internalisation of sensory inputs), Dharana (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) processes drawn from the Patanjali Yoga Sutras - ancient Yogic doctrine that aims to integrate our body, mind, heart and souls for complete living.
Twice daily group Yoga sessions and one daily Meditation session are included in the stay for all guests. For guests who would like to delve deeper into the ancient spiritual tradition of yoga, a Yoga nidra retreat is structured carefully to allow them to experience not just the physical aspects of Yoga but also Yoga, various Yogic kriyas, and yoga nidra (deep relaxation) besides some rejuvenating massages, community service, etc.
Retreat CurriculumPractice Relaxation & Preparation for Yogic Sleep:
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation practices
- Tension & relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- Preparations for yoga nidra
- 61 points (deep relaxation moving into yoga nidra)
- 61 blue star practice
- Yoga nidra practice - 1
- Yoga nidra practice - 2
- Intro to mantra science
- Morning prayers & Evening prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations)
- Types of yoga asanas - standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Yoga asanas benefits
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breath
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi shodhana, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari and brahmari
- Benefits or pranayama practices
- Meditation in daily life
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- Beginning Meditation
- So-ham mediation
- Introduction to Indian philosophy
- Astanga-yoga: yama, niyam, asana, pranayam, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samadhi
- Philosophy of Yoga nidra
- The Yoga-sutras of Patanjali on Yoga nidra
- Yoga Ethics
- Yamas and Niyamas
- 05:00am Wake Up!
- 06:00 - 06:15 Karma Yoga & Mantra chanting
- 06:15 - 07:00 Shat-kriyas & Pranayama practices
- 07:00 - 08:30 Warm-up exercises, joints and glands following hatha yoga asanas
- 08:30 - 10:00 Breakfast and free time
- 10:00 - 12:00 Yoga Nidra (Workshop – 1, Philosophy & Practice)
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 15:45 Yoga Nidra (Workshop – 2, Practice)
- 16:00 - 16:15 Tea break
- 16:15 - 18:00 Astanga Vinyasa sessions
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner and free time
- 19:30 - 20:30 Guest lectures/Satsanga/Meditation/Audios and videos/Self-study/Inner dialogue
- 21:00pm Go sleep!
Note: It is advised that you arrive at the yoga school one day before the course starts.
- Riding boat in the Ganges
- Mountain hiking walking/trekking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Visiting nearby holy shrines and temples
This yoga teacher training will be held at Yoga Vidya Mandiram Yoga School, Rishikesh, India. In nearby places there is Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport (DED) which is 15 kilometers from our center. The yoga school is located in the heart of the sacred township of Rishikesh on the bank of the holy river Ganges and at the foothills of the Himalayas, the abode of yogis. The school is in a wonderful magical place only a short walk from the main town and the bank of the river, it is the perfect location for your activities.
During this yoga training, you will stay in a comfortable room at Tapovan Vatika Resort, an ideal hotel to relax and enjoy in nature. The accommodation is facilitated with air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi connection. However, please note that Yoga Vidya Mandiram School provides the accommodation for a student who joins yoga classes. Any friends or relatives will not be included in the accommodation. There are two room options available for this course: single private room, and double shared room. The rooms are equipped with double beds, air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi connection. All rooms are shared with the same gender. Mother and daughter, wife and husband can share their rooms. The bathrooms are equipped with hot showers and towels.
During this yoga training, you will be served daily three delicious and healthy vegetarian meals; breakfast, lunch and dinners. Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks are also available. The menu is creative and balanced with proteins so you feel full and satisfied. If you are planning to have fast in any day, please inform Yoga Vidya Mandiram for avoiding food waste.
Things To Do:
- Mountain hiking
- Visit nearby temples and shrines
What Is Included?
- 6 nights' accommodation (AC & Non-AC)
- Daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks
- Wi-Fi connection
- Free use of yoga tools during the course
- Local sightseeing exploration
- Neti pot and sutra neti
- Participation certification from Yoga Vidya Mandiram
Course FeeShared Room- 450 USD
Private Room - 500 USD
Note: For AC accommodation there will be an additional 75 USD