- Karma-yoga and daily mantra recitations
- Daily yoga asanas classes beginning to intermediate levels
- Daily shat-kriyas (six channel purification exercises),
- Breath awareness and pranayama practices
- Introductory study of prana and vayus as taught in Sankhya, Yoga and Vedanta philosophies
- Instructions into relaxation and meditation practices
- 6 nights' accommodation (with WiFi, AC & Non-AC)
- Healthy nutritious vegetarian three meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Excursion to the adventurous activities including nearby holy shrines and temples and tracking in the Himalayas
Breath and Pranayama Courses:
The practice of breath awareness is not commonly emphasized in texts on pranayama. Yet, it is both the foundation underlying the practice of pranayama techniques as well as the means of bringing the power of yoga practices, moment-to-moment, into our daily lives. At its most basic level, breath awareness means observing your pattern of breathing. It sounds simple, but doing it in daily life requires a number of skills, including; remembering to breathe, observing the breath without modifying it and Modifying the breath without controlling it etc..
Breath & Pranayama retreat will help to restore balance into our lives, resolve our inner conflicts, enables total excellence and allows us to fulfil our potential to become complete human beings. Often misunderstood to be simply a set of physical exercises, Yoga philosophy transcends all ritualistic religion and can be practiced by anyone.
Apart from the breathing and pranayama practices the students can participate in sessions on Pratyahara (internalisation of sensory inputs), Dharana (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) processes drawn from the Patanjali Yoga Sutras - ancient Yogic doctrine that aims to integrate our body, mind, heart and souls for complete living.
Twice daily group Yoga sessions and one daily Meditation session are included in the stay for all guests. For guests who would like to delve deeper into the ancient spiritual tradition of yoga, a Yoga retreat is structured carefully to allow them to experience not just the physical aspects of Yoga but also Karma Yoga (selfless work), various Yogic kriyas, and yoga nidra (deep relaxation) besides some rejuvenating massages, community service, etc.
Breath & Pranayama Retreat Curriculum
Yoga Vidya Mandiram guides its students of yoga to a journey of self discovery and inspires to practice yoga holistically; yoga for us is a process of integrating the body, breath and the mind and focus is placed on other limbs of the practice beyond the physical yoga asanas.
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breath
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi shodhana, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari and brahmari
- Benefits or pranayama practices
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation practices
- Tension & relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- What is meditation & what is not?
- Meditation in daily life
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- So-ham mediation
- Intro to mantra science
- Morning prayers & Evening prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations)
- Types of yoga asanas - standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Yoga asanas benefits
- 05:00am Wake Up!
- 06:00 - 06:15 Karma Yoga & Mantra chanting
- 06:15 - 07:00 Shat-kriyas & Pranayama practices
- 07:00 - 08:30 Warm-up exercises, joints and glands following hatha yoga asanas
- 08:30 - 10:00 Breakfast and free time
- 10:00 - 11:15 Yoga Philosophy
- 11:15 – 12:30 Yoga anatomy & physiology workshops
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 15:45 Teaching Methodology/Ayurveda/Practice Teaching
- 16:00 - 16:15 Tea break
- 16:15 - 18:00 Astanga Vinyasa sessions
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner and free time
- 19:30 - 20:30 Guest lectures/Satsanga/Meditation/Audios and videos/Self-study/Inner dialogue
- 21:00pm Go sleep!
Note: It is advised that you arrive at the yoga school one day before the course starts.Excursions:
- Riding boat in the Ganges
- Mountain hiking walking/trekking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Visiting nearby holy shrines and temples
This yoga teacher training will be held at Yoga Vidya Mandiram Yoga School, Rishikesh, India. In nearby places there is Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport (DED) which is 15 kilometers from our center. The yoga school is located in the heart of the sacred township of Rishikesh on the bank of the holy river Ganges and at the foothills of the Himalayas, the abode of yogis. The school is in a wonderful magical place only a short walk from the main town and the bank of the river, it is the perfect location for your activities.
During this yoga training, you will stay in a comfortable room at Tapovan
Vatika Resort, an ideal hotel to relax and enjoy in nature. The
accommodation is facilitated with air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi connection.
However, please note that Yoga Vidya Mandiram School provides the
accommodation for a student who joins yoga classes. Any friends or
relatives will not be included in the accommodation.
There are two room options available for this course: single private room, and double shared room. The rooms are equipped with double beds, air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi connection. All rooms are shared with the same gender. Mother and daughter, wife and husband can share their rooms. The bathrooms are equipped with hot showers and towels.
During this yoga training, you will be served daily three delicious and healthy vegetarian meals; breakfast, lunch and dinners. Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks are also available. The menu is creative and balanced with proteins so you feel full and satisfied. If you are planning to have fast in any day, please inform Yoga Vidya Mandiram for avoiding food waste.
Things To Do
- Mountain hiking
- Visit nearby temples and shrines
What Is Included?
- 6 nights' accommodation (AC & Non-AC)
- Daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks
- Wi-Fi connection
- Free use of yoga tools during the course
- Local sightseeing exploration
- Neti pot and sutra neti
- Participation certification from Yoga Vidya Mandiram
Course FeeShared Room- 800 USD
Private Room - 875 USD
Note: For AC accommodation there will be an additional 75 USD