- Daily yoga asanas classes beginning to intermediate levels
- Daily shat-kriyas (six channel purification exercises), breath awareness and pranayama practices
- Karma-yoga and daily mantra recitations
- Introductory study of Indian philosophies including Sankhya, Yoga and Vedanta philosophies
- Daily guided instructions into relaxation and meditation practices
- Yoga anatomy and physiology workshops
- Daily breath awareness and pranayama practices
- Instructions to practice teaching
- 100-hours Yoga TTC Certification from Yoga Vidya Mandiram
- 13 nights' accommodation (with WiFi, AC & Non-AC)
- Healthy nutritious vegetarian three meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Excursion to the adventurous activities including rafting, nearby holy shrines and temples and tracking in the Himalayas
Yoga Teacher Training Course (Yoga TTC):
This teacher training is a hatha focused and multi-style teacher training program for beginners and the students with basic knowledge of yoga. This training course aims to provide a solid foundation in different aspects of yogic disciplines that prepare them to adopt yoga as their life profession. This is also meant for who further want to advance their experiences by advance practices and knowledge.
Experienced & Certified Teachers:
This 100-hour yoga teacher training program will be held by experienced reputed meditation guides and the team of accomplished yoga teachers. The teachers and guides are including an Ayurvedic doctor who feels privileged to share his/her knowledge and practice of ancient traditions with modern elements of medical sciences (yoga anatomy and physiology).
After the completion of the course, the students will be given a certification of the completion of the 100-hour yoga training course from Yoga Vidya Mandiram yoga school.
This 100-hour yoga course mainly includes the following contents:
Mantra recitation (mantra - Japa), daily joints and glands practices (granthi - vimochana - kriya), yoga postures (yoga asanas), meditative steps of doing asanas, six cleansing exercises (shat karma), science of breath (pranayama), yoga energy locks (Bandha) and yoga gestures (Mudra), meditation (Dhyana), yogic sleep (yoga Nidra), history and philosophy of yoga (yoga Darshana), yogic anatomy and physiology of human body, basic principles of Ayurveda, asana alignment practicum classes, yoga teaching practice, and teaching methodology. Yoga psychology enhance the students' learning at various levels; mentally and emotionally by which they learn to adopt the yogic disciplines in daily life.
Over all this intensive course trains and guides the students to establish a harmonious lifestyle for themselves and share their experiences with others.
- Intro to mantra science
- Basic mantras: aum, gayatri, trayambakam, guru, shanti etc.
- Morning prayers & Evening prayers
- Meal prayers
- Study prayers
- Health prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Names of the beginning and advance levels of the yoga asanas
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations) - dynamic surya namaskar, surya namaskar with breathe awareness, surya namaskar with 12 mantras with their bija-mantra chanting
- Modifications of yoga asanas
- Types of yoga asanas - standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Alignment & art of adjustment
- Preventing common injuries
- Counter pose
- Yoga asanas benefits
- Introduction to science of breath
- Physiology of pranayama
- Basic postures for pranayama
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breath
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi shodhana, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari and brahmari
- Benefits or pranayama practices
- Guidelines for regular pranayama
- Jalandhara-bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana-bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola-bandha (root lock)
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation practices
- Tension & relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- What is meditation & what is not?
- Meditation in daily life
- Yoga asanas for meditation
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- So-ham mediation
- Introduction about yoga anatomy and physiology
- Systems: Digestive system, Respiratory system, Nervous system, Skeletal system
- Stress: Introduction
- Stress management through yoga:
- Asana (physical postures)
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Dhyan (meditation)
- General introduction: six schools of Indian philosophy
- Philosophy in daily life
- The Yoga-sutras of Patanjali
- Astanga-yoga: yama, niyam, asana, pranayam, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samadhi
- Yoga Ethics
- Yamas and Niyamas
- More on the ethics of a teacher
- Learning to instruct & guide
- Main points: Teaching to what you observe, Timing a class, Greeting/Centering, Sequence in teaching,
- Health Concerns
- Modification in Posture
- The practice and service of teaching yoga
- Develop intention for classes
- Feed back
- Group discussion
- Question & answer
- Home work
- 05:00am Wake Up!
- 06:00 - 06:15 Karma Yoga & Mantra chanting
- 06:15 - 07:00 Shat-kriyas & Pranayama practices
- 07:00 - 08:30 Warm-up exercises, joints and glands following hatha yoga asanas
- 08:30 - 10:00 Breakfast and free time
- 10:00 - 11:15 Yoga Philosophy
- 11:15 – 12:30 Yoga anatomy & physiology workshops
- 13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 15:45 Teaching Methodology/Ayurveda/Practice Teaching
- 16:00 - 16:15 Tea break
- 16:15 - 18:00 Astanga Vinyasa sessions
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner and free time
- 19:30 - 20:30 Guest lectures/Satsanga/Meditation/Audios and videos/Self-study/Inner dialogue
- 21:00pm Go sleep!
Note: It is advised that you arrive at the yoga school one day before the course starts.Excursions:
- Riding boat in the Ganges
- Mountain hiking walking/trekking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Visiting nearby holy shrines and temples
This yoga teacher training will be held at Yoga Vidya Mandiram Yoga School, Rishikesh, India. In nearby places there is Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport (DED) which is 15 kilometers from our center. The yoga school is located in the heart of the sacred township of Rishikesh on the bank of the holy river Ganges and at the foothills of the Himalayas, the abode of yogis. The school is in a wonderful magical place only a short walk from the main town and the bank of the river, it is the perfect location for your activities.
During this yoga training, you will stay in a comfortable room at Tapovan
Vatika Resort, an ideal hotel to relax and enjoy in nature. The
accommodation is facilitated with air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi connection.
However, please note that Yoga Vidya Mandiram School provides the
accommodation for a student who joins yoga classes. Any friends or
relatives will not be included in the accommodation.
There are two room options available for this course: single private room, and double shared room. The rooms are equipped with double beds, air-conditioning, and Wi-Fi connection. All rooms are shared with the same gender. Mother and daughter, wife and husband can share their rooms. The bathrooms are equipped with hot showers and towels.
During this yoga training, you will be served daily three delicious and healthy vegetarian meals; breakfast, lunch and dinners. Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks are also available. The menu is creative and balanced with proteins so you feel full and satisfied. If you are planning to have fast in any day, please inform Yoga Vidya Mandiram for avoiding food waste.
Things To Do
- Mountain hiking
- Visit nearby temples and shrines
What Is Included?
- 13 nights' accommodation (AC & Non-AC)
- Quality 100-hours teacher training course
- Daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Filtered water, herbal tea, and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi connection
- Free use of yoga tools during the course
- Local sightseeing exploration
- Neti pot and sutra neti
- Textbooks, printed study handouts and 100hrs yoga teacher training manual
- 100hrs course certification from Yoga Vidya Mandiram
Course FeeShared Room- 800 USD
Private Room - 875 USD
Note: For AC accommodation there will be an additional 75 USD